Sweet Potato Soup
It’s Saturday today and the weekend is the perfect time for cooking and preparing simple and tasty recipes. Micky is squatting the blog for the third installment of Week-end stories. Micky is the young Instagram user who is behind ‘Haiti on your plate’ and a fan of tasty cuisine with astonishing flavors and unlikely experiences.
Micky has an unconditional love for authentic, flavorful, cuisine. She is a huge foodie, and surpasses everyone I have ever known in that regard. That’s why it only seemed right for me to allow her to experiment and share her super easy and tasty recipes with you. She will soon be back with the next installment of Week-end stories, and while you are waiting I invite you to discover her Sweet Potato soup, perfect for combatting the harsh cold.
Hugs and kisses.
So to make this recipe for 4 people, you need:
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 quart of water
1 chicken flavored Maggi stock cube
7 oz. of heavy cream + 1 oz. (for the whipped cream)
A pinch of paprika
1 green stalk of spring onion
A pinch of salt
10 coriander sprigs
A drizzle of olive oil
1. First of all, place the garlic and the thinly sliced onion and add the roughly chopped sweet potato, at the beginning.
2. Next, add 1 quart of water and the chicken flavored Maggi stock cube, bring it to a boil for 5 minutes, then let it all boil on a medium heat for 15 minutes. I prick the sweet potatoes with the tip of a knife, to know if they are ready and if the knife easily slides in it means that they are.
3. Remove the sweet potatoes from heat and mix with 7 oz of heavy cream and the coriander sprigs and adjust the seasoning with a little salt.
4. To finish, dress your dish, soup isn’t usually a great candidate when it comes to esthetics. So don’t hesitate to add a pretty presentation, which will make it appealing. To do this, mix 1 oz of whipped cream and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and set aside in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
5. Finally, serve the soup in a bowl. Make a quenelle of whipped cream with a tablespoon or a pastry bag. Add the green stalk of the spring onion, diagonally sliced, a pinch of paprika and a dash of olive oil…
There you go! … Enjoy.
MADE WITH LOVE BY MICKY ON FEBRUARY 21ST 2015, IN PARIS!